A friend of mine is turning 30 this year, and she has her list of 30 things to do before you turn 30. She has been looking up all this actives she has left on her list since her birthday is approaching, looking at her do this things has inspired me to take a look at myself, and my life and to question my dreams and aspirations. This has led me to the realization that I live my life pretty much on a day to day basis, I don’t know when it happened, but somewhere I lost all the dreams and wishes I think I once had.
I think when we are much younger we have a lot of wishes and hopes. We always talk about all the things we want to achieve when we grow up. I don’t know if its life’s disappointments or the realities of growing up, or just getting busy and caught up with the day to day. I don’t know what exactly it is, but somewhere along the way we lose that longing and wishing and dreaming. I think a bucket list would be a good start to begin dreaming and fantasizing again. A bucket list is a list of goals, dreams you would like to achieve in your lifetime.
I found a few questions that you can ask yourself to assist in creating one;
- What if you were to die tomorrow? What would you wish you could do before you die?
- What would you do if you had unlimited time, money and resources?
- What have you always wanted to do but have not done yet?
- Any countries, places or locations you want to visit?
- What are your biggest goals and dreams?
- What do you want to see in person?
- What achievements do you want to have?
- What experiences do you want to have / feel?
- Are there any special moments you want to witness?
- What activities or skills do you want to learn or try out?
- What are the most important things you can ever do?
- Are there any specific people you want to meet in person?
- What do you want to achieve in the different areas: Social, Love, Family, Career, Finance, Health, Spiritual?